Monday, July 8, 2013

Texas and not Texas

For those that are curious as to what the landscape is like in Austin, this is what the neighborhood...not-destroyed-by-houses is like:
There's the lots of houses that are invading nature:

However there are a lot of cacti here. Coincidentally this picture was taken along "Cactus Ridge Trail". There was a lot of cacti along that trail.

Here's a picture of my dad at the Mermaid statue in Copenhagen. I don't have a picture of me there so he's kind of like me.
I also went to Berlin (sorry about forgetting about you Davie!) but the main part of my tour was the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp. A more tasteful picture is included below. However I have more....moving pictures that I can share. Not entirely sure how to approach this.

Here's a pretty sunset outside of Helsinki instead. Note the outer layer of clouds beyond the ones in the foreground.

This is on the fort outside of Helsinki; I thought it was cool that kids can play here after it being a center point of war. Also you get an idea of how incredibly windy it was up here based on how crazy my hair is.

 Here's the city on the way out/in from the fort. So all in all it was kind of like going to George's Island outside of Boston.

That's all for now, guys.


1 comment:

  1. The pictures of the highway in Austin are gorgeous. I'm actually serious...I love the long, barren stretches of highway we have out west...makes me miss the terrain of Oklahoma a bit. :) Not the weather though. Also glad you got to go Helsinki ("glad" isn't the right way to put it, but I hope you get my gist). I think visiting at least one of the concentration camps is a an important thing everyone should do once in their lifetime, I'm hopefully doing it soonish after graduation.

    ReplyDelete