During my five days this summer away from the school, I've been back home in Colorado reflecting on the things that I miss most whenever I'm in the city.
- The star filled night skies on a cloudless night.
- A lack of humidity that can completely dry a swimsuit in under 5 minutes.
- Mountains that remind you that buildings really aren't that impressive.
- Seemingly endless pine, fir, spruce, and aspen trees.
- The feeling of isolation with no cell service or internet nearby.
- A general feeling of friendliness and community as complete strangers strike up conversations on a trail.
- The ability to isolate yourself in the outdoors from the endless stream of people marching through life.
- The feeling that it's okay to take life more slowly and enjoy the world around you.
It troubles me that I may never be able to live in an area like this again and will forever be bound to large cities for my career.
Apologies for the lack of pictures.